Creating an Image Slide
Image Slides are a great way to add highly visual content to your ViewMedica. You can create a slide while you’re building a Presentation or VMcast Loop.
To fit properly within ViewMedica, we suggest the image (jpg or png format) be at least be 1280 pixels wide by 720 pixels high — if you upload your image, our online image editor will help you size and crop.
From the Presentation or VMcast Loop Builder
1. When building a Presentation or a VMcast Loop, select the blue "Add Custom Content" button. There are many options here: You want to select the "Create Image Slide" link.
2. Give the Image Slide a Title. This title will be seen in the ViewMedica menu system. Use a descriptive name so you and your patients can easily find it in your ViewMedica menu.
3. Set the Time on Screen for this Slide. The default time is 10 seconds but some slides may only need 5 seconds. If you have a lot of text, you may need to increase the amount of time it stays up on the screen.
4. Use one of the three creation/selection methods listed at the bottom of this tutorial to make your new slide.
5. After your new slide is selected, hit the green "Save and Add" button. Now you will see the Slide in your list.
6. You can grab the new Slide with your mouse and drag it to the position where you want it.
Three Creation/Selection Methods
Upload Your Own Image
In the “Create New Image Slide” window, click the “Choose Image to Upload” button. This will bring up your computer’s file structure. Navigate to your image file, select it and click “Choose.”
Your image will load, and a cropping box displays the proper dimensions. Click and drag the box to move it or click and drag the blue handles to resize. When you are finished editing, click the “Crop” button.
PREVIEW and Save it
Preview your finished image. If you want to continue editing, click the “Edit Image” button. If you are happy with the results click the “Save” button. The image is now uploaded to your Media Library, cropped, selected and ready for use.
Using An External Image
After selecting the “Use External Image” tab, enter the URL address of you image file into the Image Location field. Most facilities will have their webmaster post Slide images to a directory on there web server. Make sure to get the full URL of the image from your webmaster.
Hit the "Preview" button to make sure the URL is correct and view what your Image Slide will look like.
Use a Previously-Uploaded Image
After selecting the “Use My Media Library” tab, the display will update to preview the previously-uploaded images available. Select the image on the left that you want to use.
Your selected art will display on the right of the window.