Create a YouTube™ Video Item for a Bumper
YouTube Videos are a simple and effective way to add your practice's own touch to your ViewMedica.
1. After logging in to your account dashboard, click ViewMedica's Bumpers icon. This opens the Bumpers page where you can create either Universal or Individual Bumpers.
2. For Universal Bumpers, hit the "Change Content" button. For Individual Bumpers, hit the "New Pre-Roll" or "New Post-Roll" button that is in the grey bar for the Individual Pre- and Post-Rolls sections. You have many options here: You want to select the "Create Video Item" link.
5. Give the Video a Title. This title will be seen in the ViewMedica menu system if it is placed in a Playlist, but not for Bumpers. Use a descriptive name so you and your patients can easily find it in your ViewMedica menu.
6. Now enter the YouTube identification code* for the video. Hit the "Preview" button to make sure the code is correct and view what your Video will look like.
*How to get the YouTube code: Go to your YouTube Channel. Select the video you want to use. Select the "Share" tab near the Like buttons and copy the text field that starts out "http://youtu.be/...". That's the identification code you need to paste into the ViewMedica Custom Content Video editor.
7. Hit the green "Save and Add to Bumper" button. Now you will see the Video listed as the new Bumper title.
Some YouTube Video Settings You Need to be Aware of
As long as your YouTube channel uses the standard default video settings, your videos should run fine in ViewMedica. But a couple settings will break the way ViewMedica Bumpers work.
1. ALLOW EMBEDDING: By default this is checked on. That's good. If you do not allow embedding, the video will not play in ViewMedica for all viewers. You can find this setting in the video's Advanced Settings on YouTube.
2. PRIVACY: By default, your YouTube videos are made Public, which means that everyone in the world can watch them. That's good. If you change this setting to Private, the video will not play in ViewMedica for all viewers. You can find this setting in the video's Basic Info on YouTube. A third option for privacy is Unlisted, which means anyone, even ViewMedica can play this video -- but the link to the video will not show on your YouTube channel.
3. ADS: If you do not want ads to pop up over your videos, you need to go to your YouTube Settings and then to Additional Features to get your Channel Settings/Advanced. There you will be able to select "Do not allow advertisements to be displayed alongside my videos." Note: This will not work if you do not have the ability to "Monazite" a video. See YouTube support for more information on disabling ads.
4. SMART DEVICES: For some tablet devices and smart phones, Bumpers are not fully supported when YouTube videos are used.