Create an Image Slide
Image Slides are a great way to add highly visual content to your ViewMedica.
To fit properly within ViewMedica, we suggest the image (jpg or png format) be at least be 1080 pixels wide by 720 pixels high — if you upload your image, our online image editor will help you size and crop.
1. After logging in to your account dashboard, click ViewMedica's Custom Content icon to open your Custom Content library listing.
2. Custom Content is divided up into three Content Types: Text Slides, Image Slides and Video Items. Select "Image Slides" to see the list of your Custom Content Image Slides.
3. If you already have one or more slides, you will see them listed here. At the top of the list, you'll see a "Create New Image Slide" button -- click this to create a new slide.
4. Give the Image Slide a Title. This title will be seen in the ViewMedica menu system if it is placed in a Playlist, but not for Bumpers. Use a descriptive name so you and your patients can easily find it in your ViewMedica menu.
5. Set the Time on Screen for this Slide. The default time is 10 seconds but some slides may only need 5 seconds. If you have a lot of text, you may need to increase the amount of time it stays up on the screen.
6. Use one of these three methods for selecting an image to use:
Uploading Your Own Image
In the “Create New Image Slide” window, click the “Choose Image to Upload” button. This will bring up your computer’s file structure. Navigate to your image file, select it and click “Choose.”
Your image will load, and a cropping box displays the proper dimensions. Click and drag the box to move it or click and drag the blue handles to resize. When you are finished editing, click the “Crop” button.
PREVIEW AND SAVE IT
Preview your finished image. If you want to continue editing, click the “Edit Image” button. If you are happy with the results click the “Save” button. The image is now uploaded to your Media Library, cropped and selected for use.
Using An External Image
After selecting the “Use External Image” tab, enter the URL address of you image file into the Image Location field. Most facilities will have their webmaster post Slide images to a directory on there web server. Make sure to get the full URL of the image from your webmaster.
Hit the "Preview" button to make sure the URL is correct and view what your Image Slide will look like.
Using Previously-Uploaded Images
After selecting the “Use My Media Library” tab, the display will update to preview the previously-uploaded images available. Select the image on the left that you want to use.
Your selected art will display on the right of the window.
7. Hit the green "Save" button. Now you will see the new Image Slide listed.