Add Promos to your main screen area
Promote your services, spotlight staff, or display important information with these visual promos that run regularly in the main screen area of your VMcast.
Setting the promos for one stream
1. After logging in to your ViewMedica.com account, from your account dashboard, click VMcast’s “Manage Streams” link.
2. To the right of each stream name are a set of icons for that stream’s features. Click on the “Promos” icon for the stream that you want to manage.
3. Here you see a menu of all the types of promos you can set. We’ll set the main-screen promos here. So, click on “Main-Screen Promos” under the “Types” listing on the left of the screen. At first, you will have no available main-screen promos. If you already have your promos made, skip to step 6, otherwise, to create one, hit the green “Create New Promo” button.
4. Click on either the video or image icon to start setting up the promo.
- VIDEOS should be H.264 format 1080p or 720p
For video promos, you need to enter the URL from where VMcast can grab the video. Because promo videos need to be downloaded to your VMcast device, sources like YouTube cannot work here. Have your web developer upload the video to a publicly accessible web server. Or, have your developer call us and we can help get your video online. Once you have linked to your video, name your promo. This name shows up in the promos menu, and will help you select promos for each stream in the future. A promo is set by default to run contained in the main-screen area. To display a promo over the whole TV screen, choose ‘Full Screen.’ This will cause the promo to cover everything else on the screen, like weather, messages and news.
- IMAGES should be jpeg or png format 1920px wide by 1080px deep
For image promos, upload your image by clicking on the “Choose a file” link or dragging your image to the image area of the screen. Once your image is loaded, you need to name it. This name shows up in the promos menu, and will help you select promos for each stream in the future. Next, you need to set how long it will stay up on the TV. If your image uses a lot of words, make sure it stays on screen long enough for it to be read. The promo is set by default to run contained in the main-screen area. To display the promo over the whole TV screen, choose ‘Full Screen.’ This will cause the promo to cover everything else on the screen, like weather, messages and news.
5. When done with the settings, hit the “Save” button. That will bring your back to the “Manage Promos” screen, and you should now see your new promo listed as a “Main-Screen Promo”.
6. From the “Manage Promos” screen, with the “Main-Screen Promos” Type selected, you can now turn on the promos you want to run for this stream. By tuning a promo “ON” it will run by default after every three main-screen items. If you have two promos turned on, VMcast will show, by default, three loop items, then the first promo, then three more loop items, then the second promo, then three more loop items, then the first promo, and so on.
You can also click on the promo name to see it and edit that promo’s properties, or you can delete the promo by hitting its minus button.
7. You can change the frequency that promos are displayed by changing the “Play Every # Items” setting. By default it is at 3, but you can change that to run promos more or less often.
8. Change the promo order by grabbing a promo in this list and dragging it to the position you desire.
Setting the promos for all your streams
Do all the steps the same as setting promos for one stream, but from the “Manage Promos” screen, turn “ON” the “Universal” setting at the top of the menu. With universal ON, all your streams will use these promo settings. That will save you from having to set the promos for multiple streams if you don’t want them to have different promo sets. Note that universal applies to all main-screen, side and bottom promos.